KardiaChain is the first ever interoperable & non-invasive blockchain infrastructure (non-invasive basically means that other blockchains can connect to KardiaChain regardless of their protocol or making any change). KardiaChain has its own native coin, namely KAI. KAI is now officially supported by the Ledger Nano S / X hardware wallet. The following guide describes how to use Ledger Nano S to connect to and use different KardiaChain services, including MetaMask, KardiaChain wallet.
Before You Start, Make Sure:
- A Ledger Nano S / X hardware wallet with the latest firmware.
- Latest version of KardiaChain app installed
- A computer with at least macOS 10.9, Windows 8 (64-bit) or Linux Ubuntu 16.10
- An internet connection and an available USB port.
- A WebHID compatible browser (Google Chrome, Opera, FireFox, Brave)
For instructions on how to install Ledger Live, please refer here.
Installing the KardiaChain Ledger Nano S Application:
Using the Ledger Live application, follow these instructions:
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live
- Connect and unlock the Ledger Nano S
- Allow the Manager on the Ledger Nano S device by pressing the right button if asked
- Search the App catalog for KardiaChain, and click the Install button next to the KardiaChain app
- An installation window will appear, and the device will display Processing…
- The KardiaChain App installation is complete and ready to use
Connect with MetaMask
KardiaChain is compatible with MetaMask. Users can use MetaMask as a bridge between Ledger Nano S / X and KardiaChain to make transactions to the KardiaChain blockchain.
- Connect MetaMask to KardiaChain Mainnet by following this guide to add a custom network
- Choose KardiaChain Mainnet as the network
- Click on “Connect Hardware Wallet”
- Click on the top down circle icon
- Choose Connect Hardware Wallet Choose Ledger and press on Connect
- Choose HD path for your wallet (Ledger Live by default)
- Choose an account address that you want to use
- Click on UNLOCK
- Ledger Nano S / X is ready to go with KardiaChain
Note: You can verify the balance of the account by copying the account address and checking it on KardiaChain Explorer.
Sending Crypto Assets
Assuming your account on the Ledger device has some KAI tokens, the steps below show how to make a KAI transfer on KardiaChain.
- Make sure you have already imported your Ledger account into your MetaMask wallet by following the steps in the previous section. Quit Ledger Live if it is currently opened.
- Connect your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Nano X device to your computer through USB.
- Unlock your device by entering your PIN.
- Navigate to the KardiaChain app on your device and press both buttons to open it.
- In MetaMask, select your Ledger account (e.g., "Ledger 1").
- Click "Send" and enter the recipient address (should start with 0x).
- Under "Amount", enter the amount of KAI to transfer and click "Next".
- Double check the transaction details, and click "Confirm".
- Your Ledger device will now show "Review transaction". Carefully review the transaction amount and recipient address by repeatedly pressing the right button on your device.
- If everything looks correct, press both buttons at the "Accept and send" screen to approve the transaction. Otherwise, press both buttons at the "Reject" screen to reject the transaction.
- After the transaction has been approved, it is now signed and sent to the KardiaChain Network. You can see the transaction status in MetaMask. If you click on the transaction and click "View on block explorer", you can see more details on KardiaChain Explorer.
Receiving Crypto Assets
In order to receive KAI to your Ledger wallet account, simply copy your address from MetaMask and share it with the sender. You only need to sign transactions using your Ledger device when sending funds, not when receiving them. MetaMask can also provide you with an easy-to-use QR code under "Account details".
Checking Your Balance
The easiest way to check your KAI balances held by your Ledger account is to simply view them in MetaMask.
Alternatively, you can click on "View Account in Explorer", or navigate to KardiaChain Explorer and manually search for your address to see your token balances and transaction history.